Friday 20 November 2009

Early Mornings

Wednesday, that's where i'll begin my blog, as that's where things started happening.

I went into school in the morning for my first politics revisions session, (my old politics teacher giving up his little free time to help me with my exams, under no obligation, for no reward. Remember that next time someone says teachers don't work as hard as other professionals.). I have finally committed myself to the path of revision, starting both RE and politics and hoping I haven't left it too late.

Wednesday afternoon I headed down to Surrey and surprised Nai with a visit on her birthday. Shob came down and with Nai's hall-mates we went out to TGI fridays (where i was starving, right up until the food came. And the cocktails are small and lacking alcohol.) Had a lot of fun there though. Nice feeling comfortable with people you've only met a couple of times.

On Thursday, after waking up on the floor of Jess's room, I went into Alton to meet Shob during her epic free. She showed me around her college properly for the first time (and really rather nice it is too), and we got lunch and wandered around a park, pursued by an annoying miowing cat. It was brilliant spending time with her as ever, we curled up on a sofa in cafe nero and read poetry from a book I got out of the library. The brilliant nero soup settled my vodka belly and being comfy and warm was a brilliant counter to the cold outside.

Continuing my trend of writing Blogs on trains, I'm once again travelling. Hag to leave at 7 this morning, and got my first train at about 20 past. It's now nearly 11 and I'm not far from Leeds. At Kings Cross I saw a 2 year old girl getting hugs off a big pudsey bear. She kept running back to her parents for more money to put in the children in need bucket to pay for more time with him, although i doubt the bear would've begrudged giving a free hug or two away. The scene attracted a fair few pairs of eyes, as she just kept running back and forth, about ten hugs, and at least £10 deep, the bear kept kneeling down, and the small girl pressing herself flat across his massive yellow chest, arms stretched wide, but not reaching anywhere near the sides of his large round body. It was simply adorable, and no one could resist beaming at the sight. As well as the children, I always like seeing adults, especially in business or general work attire, giving in to their desire for a hug with a man in a big ol' bear suit.

Anyway, I'm very happy right now. Still on a buzz from seeing Shob, I got my train on time (and my seat had a table and a plug socket! Not to mention the free wifi), I have the west wing, milkshake, and I'm only 15 mintues away from my destination where i shall attempt to navigate the bust system to take me to the airport.

I hope everyone out there is well.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment