Monday 7 December 2009

Wow flashbacks.

Today I got up early (half 9!) and started almost proper revision.

Anyway. I just logged onto myspace after months and months. And read very old messages, which are ofc very strange, but nostalgic and lovely anyway. Thought'd i'd just copy over the favourite lyrics and poetry lists from my old blog. The reason for this is mainly to make it easily accessible for me. These are by no means still my favourite, nor are they complete, as they were simply what I could think of at the time (years ago).


Ben Folds Lyrics

"well, he shouted out his last word
and he stumbled through the yard
and she shattered her last china plate
and spun off in the car
when he lunged onto the hood
she stopped to tell him she'd been wrong
he was thrown head over heels
into the traffic coming on
but then...
all is fair
all is fair in love

well, I guess she made her way
through the mob too late to hear him say
that he'd gotten all he'd wanted
a crowd to watch him bear the pain "

  - 'Fair'



"come on baby,
now throw me a right to the chin
don't just stare like you never cared
I know you did
but you just smile
like a bank teller
blankly telling me:
"have a nice life"

come on baby, 

now throw me a right to the chin
just one sign that could show me
that you give a shit
but you just smile, politely
and I grow weaker and I

said what you wanted to hear
and what I
wanted to say
so, I
will take it back "

- 'Selfless, Cold and Composed


"do you not hear me anymore?
I know it's not your thing to care
I know it's cool to be so bored
sucks me in when you're aloof
it sucks me in, it sucks, it works
I guess it's cool to be alone
will ya never rest?
fighting the battle of who could care less
everyday you wake up late
sometimes I wish I was
that way

and I've got
this great idea
why don't we pitch it to the Franklin fuckin' Mint?
fine pewter portraits of
General Apathy and
Major Boredom singing
whatever and ever amen "

- 'Whatever and Ever, Amen'


"Smile
Like you've got nothing to prove
No matter what you might do
There's always someone out there cooler than you

I know that's hard to believe
But there are people you meet
They're into something that is too big to be
Expressed
Through their clothes
And they'll put up with all the poses you throw
And you won't
Even know 


That they're not sizing you up
They know your mom fucked you up
Or maybe let you watch too much TV

But they'll still look in your eyes
To find the human inside
You know there's always something in there to see "

 - 'There's always someone cooler than you'


"'cause lately I can feel
the years between us
and hope to God
that friends at work don't see us
tonight she asked me
if I'd ever seen Jesus
'cause she had backstage passes
for the three of us "

- 'Hiro's song'

"Till I opened my eyes and walked out the door
And the clouds came tumbling down
And it's "bye-bye. Goodbye, I tried"
And I twisted it wrong just to make it right
I had to leave myself behind
And I've been flying high all night
So come pick me up
I've landed "

- 'Landed'


There's a moment in my mind
I scribbled and erased a thousand times
Like a letter never written or sent
These conversations with the dead
I used to be a sentimental guy
Now I'm haunted by the left unsaid
I never thought so much could change 


"Little things you said or did
Are part of me
Come out from time to time
Though probably no one I know now
Would notice
But I never thought so much could change "

- 'Sentimental Guy'
"We walked the earth
We talked and never spoke a word
She wonders who will be the first to go
I said you know
The biggest things we gotta face alone
Don't wanna when it's time to go
Alone
Alone again

A trace of me
That floats in my periphery
And every time I turn to see
It goes
Alone
Alone again "

- 'Prison Food'


" The world is full of ugly things that you can't change,
Pretend it's not that way.
It's my idea of faith."
-Alice Childress

"At puberty I was sworn to secrecy
By the international brotherhood
Of lying fickle males
I can't tell you anything
And I can't commit! "

-In Love



Favourite other lyrics

"Crack raised the murder rate in DC and Maryland
we invested in that it's like we got Merril-Lynched,
and we been hangin from the same tree ever since,"
-Kanye West


"But in a land where niggas praise Yukon's and gettin paid,
Gon' take a lot more than coupons to get us saved"

-Kanye West


" Went to the malls and I balled too hard,
''OMG is that a black card?'',
I turned around and replied "why yes,
but I prefer the term African-American express"

-Last Call, Kanye West



"Killin y'all niggas on that lyrical shit,
mayonnaise coloured Benz,
I push miracle whips"

-Last Call, Kanye West


"I'm starting to fashion an idea in my head
where I would impress you
with every single word I said.
Would come out insightful or brave or smooth or charming
and you'd want to call me
And I would be there every time
you'd need me
I'd be there every time...
But for now I'll look so longingly
waiting...
For you to want me, for you to need me, for you to notice me"

        'For you to notice'-Dashboard Confessional


"Love of mine some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If Heaven and Hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the NOs on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark "

  'I will follow you into the dark'-Death Cab For Cutie


"I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
True, it may seem like a stretch, but
Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
Head when you're away when I am missing you to death
When you are out there on the road for
Several weeks of shows and when you scan
The radio, I hope this song will guide you home "

  'Such Great Heights'-The Postal Service


"She smiled in a big way,
the way a girl like that smiles
When the world is hers and she held your eyes
Out in the breezeway
down by the shore in the lazy summer
And she pulled you in,
and she bit your lip,
and she made you hers,
She looked deep into you as you lay together quiet in the grasp of dusk and summer"

  'Dusk and Summer'-Dashboard Confessional


"I'll be true, I'll be useful...
I'll be cavalier...I'll be yours my dear.
And I'll belong to you...
If you'll just let me through.
This is easy as lovers go,
So don't complicate it by hesitating.
And this is wonderful as loving goes,
This is telling me 'whats the sense in waiting?'

And I said "I've gotta be honest
I've been waiting for you all my life."
For so long I thought I was asylum bound,
But just seeing you makes me think twice.
And being with you here makes me sane,
I fear I'll go crazy if you leave my side.
You've got wits...you've got looks,
You've got passion but are you brave enough to leave with me tonight? "

  'As Lovers Go'-Dashboard Confessional



"And if I say to you tomorrow. Take my hand, child, come with me.
It's to a castle I will take you, where what's to be, they say will be.

And if you say to me tomorrow, oh what fun it all would be.
Then what's to stop us, pretty baby. But What Is And What Should Never Be.

So if you wake up with the sunrise, and all your dreams are still as new,
And happiness is what you need so bad, girl, the answer lies with you. "

 -What is and what should never be-Led Zeppelin


"And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am "

-iris, Goo Goo Dolls



'I'm the first kid to write of hearts, lies, and friends
And I am sorry my conscience called in sick again
And I've got arrogance down to a science

They call kids like us vicious and carved out of stone
But for what we've become, we just feel more alone'
 -I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me-Fall Out Boy

''Cause every pain of glass
That your pebbles tap
Negates the pains I went through
To avoid you
And every little pat
On the shoulder for attention fails to mention
I still hate you


She took me down and said:
"Boys like you are overrated,
So save your breath."
Loaded words and loaded friends
Are loaded guns, to our heads

You want apologies
Girl, you might hold your breath
until your breathing stops forever, forever
The only thing you'll get
Is this curse on your lips:
"I hope they taste of me forever."'

-Chicago is so two years ago-Fall Out Boy

'We cant fake it for the airwaves force our smiles, baby, half dead
From comparing myself to everyone else around me. 

Please put the doctor on the phone 'cause I'm not making any sense.
Blame everyone but me for this mess
And my back has been breaking from this heavy heart
We never seemed so far.
I'm hopelessly hopeful, that you're just hopeless enough '

-I've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth- Fall Out Boy

'Every friend we ever had in common
I will sever the tie with you
You can thank your lucky stars
That everything I wish for
Will never come true'

-Sending postcards from a plane crash-Fall Out Boy

'Ashamed of the way
The songs and the words own
the beating of our hearts'

-Sophmore slump or Comeback of the year-Fall Out Boy

'I am outside
And I've been waiting for the sun
With my wide eyes
I've seen worlds that don't belong
My mouth is dry with words I cannot verbalize
Tell me why we live like this'

-Paramore



'Got no future plans,
I've got dirty hands,
I've had some bad relationships
And one night stands,
But i know its gonna make me a better man
Because of it,
If there's a god,
Then he knows that I've commited sins,
I've played the game,
And I dont always win,
But no body does.
No body does'

-Second,Minute,hour-Flamboyant Bella

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment