Thursday 5 November 2009

Brizzle.

I'm currently sitting on a train, writing this blog, hopelessly attempting to connect to wireless networks.
 I'm on my way to London after a brilliant couple of days in Bristol.

 So let's start at the beginning.
On Tuesday morning, successfully having packed the night before, I set off for St Albans station. From there I made my way through the crowded labyrinth that is London and it’s public transport system. I slightly surprised myself that I made it to Paddington station and onto my train with all my valuables, my tickets, my bags and everything else that I was lugging about with me. Taking a rucksack, a hold all and a sleeping bag on the tube is not easy. Nevertheless, I made it, being beacon of independence that I am.

The journey was uneventful; I just watched History Boys on my laptop and ate lots. Lizzy met me in Bristol, and we trekked back to Hiatt Baker Halls where I met all the various lovely people there, and there we stayed for the rest of the evening, apart from dinner in the canteen bit where I saw James and caught up with him a bit. The day ended with watching 500 Days of Summer and half of Fight Club.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I slept in a bit as Lizzy in a rare burst of academic devotion or perhaps the result of a sudden sense of student purpose, actually attended her lectures. I chatted with Pap(Maria) and swapped music for a bit, then when Lizzy came back we had lunch and watched the rest of Fight Club. Our plans to go out around Bristol were soon quashed by a sudden, heavy and consistent downpour. So we stayed in, which despite meaning I didn’t get to see any of Bristol, was quite nice.

In the evening we hit Java, a small but fairly cool club not far from halls. I was quite excited at the fact that it was on the same hill that Freddie skates down in the first episode of skins, and I saw the green they sit on. The Skins exposure doesn’t end their though, as half way through the night Freddie from skins actually turned up at the club. He promptly acquired two bouncers, went to the VIP room then sat on his own stretch of bench seating, that’s the last I saw of him, but it was still quite cool.

Today I’m feeling a bit worse for ware.  Really needing a shower, and lots of sleep. I’ve been through every stage of hung over now I think, shaking, head aches, feeling like everything’s moving, forcing down toast and water, and now I’m just really tired and feel quite dirty. Anyway, I hope you’re all well, I’m going to attempt to sleep now.

xxx
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm now home, showered and fed, but still tired.

Happy to be home, but also sad to have left.

After reading some AE Housman in a poetry anthology the other day, I've been looking him up.

'With rue my heart is laden
  For golden friends I had,
For many a rose-lipt maiden
  And many a lightfoot lad.


By brooks too broad for leaping
  The lightfoot boys are laid;
The rose-lipt girls are sleeping
  In fields where roses fade.'



'Oh, when I was in love with you
  Then I was clean and brave,
And miles around the wonder grew
  How well did I behave.


And now the fancy passes by
  And nothing will remain,
And miles around they'll say that I
  Am quite myself again.'


I'm currently in bed, in my big new hug-of-a-cardy. It's keeping me warm. Now to stay here until tomorrow.
Sleep and internet. S'what I need. Well, it's second string as always to Shob, but it's somewhat more accessible right now.

Leaving you with some Andrea:



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment