Sunday 29 November 2009

Wow

What a spectacularly shitty shift. It was raining hella hard, so we were overcome with wet umbrellas and coats, we were over booked. the ceiling started leaking water onto tables, kitchen was shit, boss was angry and shouting. It was fun cheering people up with abuse right in the heat of the business though. 'Oh quickly! Your mum called, she said she doesn't love you anymore..'. Cruel but when you're trying to do 3 things at once, it's quite funny.

Some tables are lovely though. Regulars that make you smile, so you start just giving them all your time and free stuff.

Anyway. Home now. Although I'm back there in less than 10 hours. I did just empty my coat pockets and counted out £50 quid in tips and loose change though, that was nice.

I've been reading a lot of Emily Dickinson recently, one of those people you know of, but unless you study her in school..*shrug*. Good stuff. I still find it odd how you can relate to people, even in as little as simply understanding or feeling the same as them, from so so long ago.

Anyway. Seeing Shob on Wednesday, the girl I talk about to much. I know I do. Not apologising. Can't wait.  It's probably unhealthy how much emotional dependency I've put on one person. When there's really only one person that can cheer you up sometimes, just by being around, can't be emotionally stable.

'Tell her there is a tambourine in my chest,
and yes,
she still shakes me.
Don't look at me like that.
I'm not the box the gift came in,
this heart is my sunday best.
Still grass stained from the first time I tasted her neck'
-Andrea Gibson

Hope you're all well.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment