Tuesday 6 October 2009

The only slightly more active day

So today i was rudely awoken by the sound of Terry Wogan booming through my bedroom door, with drills and builders singing their merry hearts out on my landing. I was not pleased.

So. I'll get up and work on my personal statement i thought. I opened the curtains to see a man, on a ladder, right outside my window, working on guttering or something, but none the less it was disturbing.

My list of personal statement problems then went:
No printer
Other computer with printer is painfully slow
email account won't open
memory stick is not compatible with laptop
can not find file
can not drag file to now operational memory stick
file (now on computer with printer) is from vista, so won't open on XP
(Anyone else notice that XP is also the tongue out emoticon? It adds insult to injury when xp isn't working)
computer can not find printer
printer has no paper
paper in printer jams
file FINALLY prints out.

*sigh*

Anyway. After that debacle (and ofc lunch) i retreated to bed with a kit kat and curiosity cola (oh liquid haribo loveliness). I continued watching dexter, which i plan to finish tonight, only an episode left. Then going to start on the west wing as my brother now has the first 2 seasons on boxset.

Work this evening was boring, just two tables..one very chavvy..'is bacardi rum?..i used to just drink it out the bottle, i didn't know'..she was about 50+ years old.

Anyway, I'm now £10 richer, have a free day tomorrow, and now have some new poetry and chopin on my ipod. Good times all round.

Extra highlight: Seeing Rob briefly, only to hand over driving theory disks though.
Extra Annoyance: Builders who sing loudly to themselves, leave teabags on the work surfaces, and tamper with the thermostat. Also..builders who think you're deaf because you have new-age looking white headphones on, so mouth everything and say it too loudly and slowly.

I'll leave you with a quote i love, and one that is in my personal statement:

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. -General Omar Bradley.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment