Thursday 15 October 2009

The Upturn!

It's happened! The lift I was looking for.

So yesterday, I got up BEFORE midday, got dressed and went into town. I cv'd some places (proactive job hunting YEAH!) Then bumped into Tom, saw his new tattoo, and came home.

Today, I got up before midday AGAIN, it's almost a life decision I'm making, on a daily basis. Fabulous.
I started with a nice breakfast (always a good start), bought some hobnobs (milk chocolate, other biscuits are available). And watched a Louis Theroux doc. on South Africas (oh you crazy racists you. Did you know black is cool now? Yeah, yeah it's all changed. Piano is making a come back, marbled chocolate, chess is popular online. The black and white thing is really working out...apart from in chess..where one side kills the others monarchy, and square by square, takes over their land. Ignore chess. Just, be nice to black people.)

Due to ryanair being SLAMMED on panorama, they dropped their charges and taxes up until today, so Rob and I took advantage and bought return tickets to Dublin for 2p! A joyous purchase. Screw you environment, I want to fly somewhere that has the same shops and language as here, because I want more colourful money, and a softer accent for a few days.

I then went up to work, for a quiet, easy shift. Had a few lattes, served 2 tables, picked up my generous tip, and some steak that the kitchen cooked for staff but we were all too full to eat (had it when I came home, omnomnom.) So yeah, now I'm in a really good mood. =]

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Rob for a bit of a catch up, then going to the pub in the evening with Seb and Tom. A good time should be had by all.

Anyway, this blog marks the start of my miraculous lazarus-esque climb up the ladder of hope.

And on that note, I'll leave you with some George Watsky lyrics I like about Presidents.

'And I gotta wonder,
If maybe our leaders got this way because it's all they ever heard,
Maybe Clinton started kicking his Lewinsky fibs because Nixon kicked him fiction first,
And maybe tricky Dick whipped up that twisted shit,
Because Woodrow Wilson flit his lids and flossed the flirt,
And Lincoln tossed some slurs,
And maybe Thomas Jefferson,
Thought slavery was working,
Cause he saw how they rolled in ancient Greece,
And took their word.
They system..is learnt.'

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment